Slow Cooker Organic Chicken Stew
knob of butter
½ tbsp olive oil
1 large organic onion, finely chopped
1 ½ tbsp flour
650g boneless, skinless organic free range chicken thigh fillets
3 organic garlic cloves, crushed
400g organic potatoes, halved
2 sticks organic celery, diced
2 organic carrots, diced
250g organic mushrooms, quartered
500ml organic chicken stock
2 tsp organic Dijon mustard
2 bay leaves
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large frying pan, saute onion.
- Meanwhile, put flour and a little salt and pepper in a bowl and chicken thigh fillets in it.
- Add 3 crushed garlic cloves and the chicken to the pan and cook until the chicken is starting to brown.
- Transfer to your slow cooker, along with all other ingredients.
- Stir well and then cook on Low for 7 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving with creamy mash or steamed organic rice or quinoa.