Slow Cooker Organic Chili Con Carne
1 tbs olive oil
1 large organic onion or spring onion, chopped
2 cloves organic garlic, crushed
1 kg beef mince
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 cup organic chicken or beef stock
1/3 cup organic tomato paste
800 g canned organic kidney beans, drained and rinsed
800 g crushed organic tomatoes
steamed rice (to serve)
mashed organic avocado (to serve)
coriander leaves (to serve)
grated cheese (to serve)
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté garlic and onion until soft
- Add mince season with salt and pepper and cook until browned.
- Transfer to a slow cooker and add all remaining ingredients.
- Cook, covered on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with rice, mashed avocado, chopped coriander and grated cheese.