- 2 large leeks, cleaned and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes (500 g), peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- sour cream, to serve
- chives to garnish
- Place leek, potato and stock in a large pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool.
- Stir in milk. Process soup in batches for 30 seconds or until smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl; stir in cream and nutmeg; cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. Serve chilled with sour cream and chives.
- Note: This soup may be prepared up to 1 day in advance. Traditionally served chilled (Vichyssoise), it can be gently reheated and served hot.