Organic Blueberry Pavlova
Jump into the entertaining season with a delicious and healthier version of the traditional pavlova!
· 4 egg whites, room temperature
· 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
· 2 teaspoons organic cornflour or arrowroot flour
· 1 teaspoon Queens Organic Vanilla Bean Paste
· 1 teaspoon Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
· Berry Compote (see recipe below)
· Whipped Coconut Cream or Greek Yohgurt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Cand adjust the rack to the middle position.
2. Place the eggs in the bowl of a standing mixer. Using the whisk attachment, Whip the egg whites until firm (but not stiff) peaks form. Stir together the coconut sugar and cornflour in a small bowl.
3. With the mixer on medium-high speed, slowly add the sugar and cornflour 1 tablespoon at a time. Add the vanilla and apple cider and whisk for an additional 20 seconds.
4. Pour the meringue mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the mixture out to make an 8-9" disk. Place the meringue into the oven and immediately turn the heat down to 150 degrees C. Bake for 70 minutes (do not open the oven while baking), then prop the door open and let the meringue cool completely. Serve with wipped coconut cream or greek yohgurt and organic berry compote.
· 2 Cups OOB Organic Blueberries
· 1 Tablespoon Organic Honey
· 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Place the blueberries, honey and vanilla in a small saucepan and mix gently. Heat over low heat.
2. Cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until blueberries are very soft and starting to burst.
3. Take the blueberry compote off the heat. Allow to slightly cool and thicken, about 5 minutes. Serve alone, or as a topping.