I tweaked this a bit. Will highlight what I did.
Serves 4 but with my tweaks it would stretch to more serves.
Linguine pasta (1 whole packet of Vanessa's)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 chicken breast (1 pack of chicken stir fry strips - Vanessa's)
3 rashers bacon, sliced (4 shortcuts)
3 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped)
1/2 spanish onion, diced (1 med-large brown, roughly chopped)
1 tablespoon honey (KI honey that had candied)
1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (I used 4)
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup of cooking cream cheese (sour cream)
2 onions, diced (no instructions given - hence the med-large brown above)
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest (I did not use)
1 1/2 - 2 cups broccoli, florettes
1. Cook the pasta as normal.
2. Slice chicken breasts thinly, add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil to a frypan and cook on med. heat til slightly brown, set aside. (I poached the whole pack of chicken strips gently til cooked. I cooked the broccoli at the same time - in a separate saucepan. I let them both sit in the hot water to keep warm)
3. Heat the remaining oil in the frypan (used to cook the chicken), fry bacon until crispy, set aside.(I chucked the bacon, onion and garlic in and sauted til the onion was soft and bacon cooked)
4. In same frypan add onion and garlic saute til soft.
5. Return chicken to onion mixture and stir through for a few minutes.
6. Whisk honey, mustard and lemon juice in a jug til combined (if honey is a bit lumpy, don't worry the heat will melt it)
7. Add to the frypan and cook until the sauce begins to thicken, then add cream cheese, stir through. (I added the sauce to the onion mix and followed the rest of the instructions BUT did not add the chicken or broccoli).
8. Add drained pasta and lemon zest, toss and serve (I drained the pasta, added the sauce to the saucepan the pasta was cooked in, mixed in the chicken and broccoli at this stage and warmed it through) .
9. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.