Immune-Boosting Chicken Stew
This delicious chicken stew is packed with immunity boosters including bone-broth,
turmeric, spinach, garlic and ginger. It’s simple and quick to make, and is Fodmap,
Paleo and Keto friendly. Vegans can substitute chicken for tofu, chickpeas or
lentils, and you can add any extra root veg that you have on hand if you wish.
3 tbsp olive oil
Two sprigs of organic spring onion, sliced
4 large organic carrots, chopped
1 stalk organic celery, chopped
3 cloves organic garlic, minced
500g diced free range chicken breast
handful organic parsley or corriander, chopped
1 tsp ground organic turmeric
1 teaspoon chopped organic ginger
3 cups bone or vegetable broth
1 small head of kale or spinach, chopped
2 tbsp corn flour
Option: 1 cup organic coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the
chopped chicken or substitute, salt and pepper and spring onion whites
and cook just long enough to brown the meat, about 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add the carrots, celery, and garlic and continue sautéing for around two
3. Create a paste of the flour and half a cup of the broth and add to the pot.
4. Add the remaining ingredients, stir well and cover. Bring to the boil and
then reduce to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally, for at least 30
5. Stir in the coconut cream to add a creamy base if desired.